Recipe for Cajun Shrimp and Rice – This dish has become one of my favorites, and I try to include it on our menu as often as I can. If you like Cajun seasoning, then you have to try it out.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 kilo large shrimps, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Start by cooking the rice. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat some olive oil and sautee the onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the cajun seasoning and the shrimps and cook stirring until the shrimp begin to curl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Now add the cooked rice and mix until all combined. (You may need to add some water but I didn’t as the tomatoes were juicy.)
- Stir in the parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Recipe and Photo: Chicho’s Kitchen / CC BY-NC-ND