Baked Espresso Brownie Doughnuts – If you like the idea of a brownie that’s been transformed into a doughnut and infused with espresso, then this recipe is for you!
Baked Espresso Brownie Doughnuts
If you like the idea of a brownie that's been transformed into a doughnut and infused with espresso, then this recipe is for you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, melted
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add brown sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla extract to bowl with eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour liquid ingredients into larger bowl with flour and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Measure out scant ¼ cup of batter and carefully pour into greased doughnut pan. Bake at 325°F until lightly browned and doughnuts spring back when touched, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool inside pan for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Grease pan again and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- In a small bowl, whisk espresso powder and hot water until dissolved.
- Melt cream cheese in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Add to bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk until combined. If the glaze seems too thin, add more sugar. If too thick, add more milk.
- Dip cooled doughnuts into bowl of glaze to completely coat one side. Let excess glaze drip off and place on a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper to let glaze set.