Triple-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter-flavor shortening
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together the brown sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolk until fluffy. Scrape down the sides and add the melted chocolate. Continue to mix until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
- With the mixer on stir, add the flour mixture and stir until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the dough in scant ¼ cupfuls (I used an ice cream scoop) and place at 2? intervals on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little of the sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes. Start checking them around 8 minutes, in case your oven runs hot. Mine took about 10 minutes to bake.
- Carefully slide the parchment sheet of cookies onto a wire rack, and let the cookies cool a bit before eating.
Recipe and Photo: Feeding Darragh / CC BY-SA