Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 Tubes – Pillsbury Butter Flaky Crescent Rolls
- 1 Can – Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2 Tbs. – Butter (melted)
- 1 8 oz – Cream Cheese (soft)
- 1/2 C. – Powder Sugar
- 1/4 C. – Milk
- Separate the dough into eight rectangles. Seal the perforations. Using a pastry brush spread the butter over the rolls. Roll up the dough from the long side: pinch the edges to seal. Hold one end of the dough loosely coil into a circle. Make an indentation in the center with your fingers and create a crater for the filling and fruit.
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, powder sugar and milk. Mix until fully, blended and smooth. Place about 1/2 tbs. of cheese filling into the center of the Danish, then top with about 1/2 tbs. of strawberry filling. Bake these for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Once cool you can serve them plain, drizzle with a powder sugar glaze, or add a little more milk to the cheese filling to thin it out and drizzle across the danish.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY