- 2 large chicken breasts, roasted (or baked) and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen carrots,crinkle cut
- 3 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 box bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- While chicken is roasting (about 15 minutes before it’s done), heat olive oil in stock pan and add onion, sautéing until tender. Add chicken broth and carrots, bring to a boil and then reduce heat so it’s simmering.
- In separate pot, cook pasta according to package directions, but undercook by about 2 minutes (I originally thought of cooking the pasta in the chicken broth, but didn’t have enough broth to cover all of the pasta. I think it might work. Try it and let me know!).
- Add chopped chicken to broth, then drain and add pasta (it will finish cooking in the broth). Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot (and preferably with a good movie).
Recipe and Photo: Pestle Mortar / CC BY-ND