What began as an April fool’s day joke, has become a reality. Bacon in a squeeze bottle!
Recipe: Squeez Bacon
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Maltodextrin
- Cook up your bacon. You are going to want to make sure it is crispy.
- Once done, wrap bacon in paper towels to remove as much of the grease as possible.
- Once bacon has cooled, and the grease is removed, wrap bacon in a new set of paper towels. Beat the bacon with a meat tenderizer (or the blunt object of your choosing.). Continue doing this until the bacon is pretty much powdered.
- In a small bowl combine water and Maltodextrin. Stir well. Now add the flour, and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add your bacon to the mixture in the bowl. Stir to combine well.
- (Optional) If you want the mixture to be smoother, place in a blender or food processor. Let it go on high until smooth.
- Move mixture into a squeeze bottle.
- Enjoy on anything that you want to put bacon onto.
– Since this mixture has no preservatives, it will only hold in the refrigerator for a few days.
– Maltodextrin can be found at a brewery supply store, and few grocery stores (The only grocer in STL that sells it is the Global Foods Market in Kirkwood).
Photo courtesy of ThinkGeek.com
Recipe adapted from splazem (click the link for step by step instructions with photos)