Spaghetti and Spicy Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (plus extra to serve)
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1/4 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 800g tomato passata
- In a bowl, combine the mince, garlic, chilli flakes, parsley, rosemary and egg.
- When thoroughly combined, roll the mince mixture into meatballs (with a diameter of around 3 centimetres). Cover with cling wrap, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When the meatballs are ready to cook, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan. When oil is heated, add the meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs until well coloured on all sides.
- To the same frying pan, add the cherry tomatoes and capsicum. Stir and cook until the capsicum slices start to soften.
- Add the tomato passata, and allow to simmer until the sauce is heated.
- Serve the meatballs with a sprinkle of grated cheese and fresh parsley over the top, and a few slices of toasted ciabatta bread on the side.
- Alternatively, these meatballs can also be served with pasta.
If you are unable to find tomato passata at your grocer, you can substitute your favorite tomato sauce.
Recipe and Photo: Goddess if Scrumptiousness / CC BY-ND