This spicy sausage pasta cooks in one pot and it’s ready in no time! It’s got so much flavor and a little kick at the end of every bite!
Spicy Sausage Pasta
This spicy sausage pasta cooks in one pot and it's ready in no time! It's got so much flavor and a little kick at the end of every bite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz packaged smoked turkeysausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10oz can Ro-tel Tomatoes andGreen chilies, original style
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar and monterey Jack cheese blend, shredded
- Thinly sliced scallions, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil over medium-heat in a oven-safe skillet until smoking.
- Add sausage and onion, and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, Ro-tel, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and pepper, and give the mixture a good stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking. Preheat the broiler while the pasta is cooking.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Taste and add salt as needed. Top with the scallions and remaining cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned – about 3 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Whole Lotta Oven / CC BY