Roasted Cauliflower Dippers with Smoked Paprika Aioli
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoons seasoning mix, and garlic powder.
- Place florets in large bowl.
- Drizzle oil mixture over the cauliflower and toss with tongs.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over the cooked florets.
- I like to make mayonnaise by hand, though I know others find the food processor easier to use for this.
- I place the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- I place a cup of oil next to me and get out a tablespoon.
- Whisk the egg yolks to break them up.
- Add a tablespoon of oil.
- Whisk that into the egg yolks so the yolks absorb it. Then repeat. And repeat. Just be patient.
- It will probably take about 10 minutes to get through all the oil.
- Then stir in the seasoning mix, white wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, lime juice, and salt, and you are good to go.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY