Potato-Crusted Ham Quiche
- 2 cups of potatoes, raw and shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup Ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray quiche pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl mix potatoes, onion, pepper, chives, 1 beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Press potato mixture evenly into crust shape up the side and on the bottom of the pan and spray again. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses. Remove crust from oven and layer the following: ham first, and then cheese mixture on top. In a bowl, beat together evaporated milk, remaining eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour mixture on top of cheese and return to oven.
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of pie comes out clean. Allow to cool at least five minutes.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve alongside sliced fresh fruit or a small fresh garden salad.
Recipe and Photo: Smithfield