Happy 2014 Everyone! We have been sharing the very best recipes from our site from 2013, and here is #1. We here at STL Cooks are very excited to be starting a new year. And with a new year comes new things. We will be slowly leaking these things to all of you when they happen, but we will give you a teaser. We will not be losing our focus on food, things will get more local…and we won’t be just recipes when all is done.
Again, Happy 2014 to all! Hope yours is a good one!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – STLcooks Best of 2013 – Number 1
The double chocolate will make you want to dive right in to this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. The hidden serving of veggies will remove all your guilt.
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1/3 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Baking Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease an 8 1/2? x 4 1/2? loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, save for perhaps a light smear of chocolate from the melted chips).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a rack.
- Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped, at room temperature.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Notes From My Food Diary / CC BY-ND