Pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 500 grams pasta
- 2½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¾ cup cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the onions and continue to saute.
- Add the herbs and salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the sherry and mix in the cream cheese.
- Let the wine and cream cheese sauce reduce a little and then add the soy milk.
- Add the garlic and let the sauce thicken for a couple of minutes before pouring over the cooked pasta.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA