Light Bolognese Sauce with Fettuccine
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes – halved
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 red onion – sliced
- 1 carrot – chopped
- 3 scallions – chopped
- 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup of wine
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. of fettuccine
- Heat a sauce pot with the olive oil. Add the garlic, grape tomatoes, onion, carrots and scallions to sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and wine and gently simmer. Add the seasonings and continue to simmer on low.
- Prepare the fettuccini as directed.
- Combine the milk and the Romano or Parmesan cheese and stir into the sauce.
- Plate the fettuccine and add the sauce and toss. Top with a little more sauce, fresh Italian parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, red pepper flakes, grated cheese and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY