- 2 fully cooked chicken sausage links (about 6 oz)
- One 14.5–oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, chopped – I used yellow
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 oz. raw shrimp, tails removed, deveined, chopped
- Add all ingredients except shrimp to a large pot on the stove. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and rice is fluffy, about 35 minutes.
- Add shrimp and re-cover. Continue to cook until shrimp are tender and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- If you like, season to taste with salt, black pepper, and additional hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!!!
Recipe: Foodista / CC BY
Photo: stu_spivack / CC BY-SA