Jumpin Creole Jambalaya
- 2 fully cooked chicken sausage links (about 6 oz)
- One 14.5–oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, chopped – I used yellow
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 oz. raw shrimp, tails removed, deveined, chopped
- Add all ingredients except shrimp to a large pot on the stove. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and rice is fluffy, about 35 minutes.
- Add shrimp and re-cover. Continue to cook until shrimp are tender and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- If you like, season to taste with salt, black pepper, and additional hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!!!
Deliciously flavorful! But online it said 8 servings, and my family of four each got 1 small bowl. (And I used twice the shrimp.)
I’ll probably double everything next time.
Thanks for the recipe!
Yes, some of the servings are a bit on the “smallish” side. That has alot to do with the recommended serving sizes…you know…those sad numbers on the side of everything that are wayyy smaller than any person would ever consume.