Nutella Pretzel Brownie Bars
For Pretzel Crust:
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coco powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra Nutella for frosting
- To make the crust, first preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, add 1 cup of pretzels and pulse until they are like graham cracker crumbs. Add sugar and pulse until combined. Then pour in melted butter and pulse again to combine.
- Press pretzel mixture into the bottom of pan. Bake for about 14 minutes, until edges are golden.
- For the brownies, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time and combine well. Add vanilla, salt and Nutella. Mix well. Add sifted coco and flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour brownie batter over pretzel crust. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow brownies bars to cool completely before frosting, about 1 hour.
- Outer sides will be crunchy, the middle will be softer. You can trim the sides off. Then add crushed pretzels on top.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY