Holiday Herb and Nut Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake or button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in beef broth)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add Onion, Mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until Onion is tender.
- Add red bell pepper cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rice, pecans, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA