Hash Brown Quiche
- 8 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the hash browns with the melted butter. Place half of the hash browns in each of the 2 (9-inch) pie plates and press them into the bottom and up the sides plates to form a crust. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until golden brown and starting to get crispy. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Divide evenly between the browned hash brown crusts. Return to oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.