Homemade Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- Slices of crisp bacon
- Slice of cheese
- An egg prepared your favorite way
For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 5 tablespoons shortening (unsalted butter or margarine)
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl combine the flour and sugar.
- Add the shorting and crumble with your fingers to incorporate into the flour. Make a well in the center and gradually add the milk, combining it into the flour as you pour.
- Gently form the dough. Do Not Overwork the dough or the biscuits will not be fluffy.
- Flour a clean surface to roll the dough to about ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits to desired size (a coffee cup works well as the biscuit cutter).
- Butter a cast iron pan and place biscuits in the pan.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Allow biscuits to cool enough so they can be handled. (This is a good time to make your bacon and eggs)
- Cut each biscuit open; top with bacon, egg, and cheese.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY