- 1/2 box cereal (bran or other flakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Whisk flours, cereal, baking soda and salt.
- In different bowl mix oil, applesauce, sweetener, milk and vanilla. Gently beat eggs before adding to wet mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix wet ingredients and flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Let batter sit for at least 45 minutes so cereal can get soft, or keep in airtight/covered container in fridge for up to a week.
- When ready, pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: swEEts by e