Jump to recipe
These Gingerbread Truffles are little gingerbread cake balls, and I’ve been dying to try them ever since last year. ‘Tis finally the season, so here they are!
These Gingerbread Truffles are little gingerbread cake balls, and I've been dying to try them ever since last year. 'Tis finally the season, so here they are!
- 2 packages of Gingerbread mix (14.5 oz each)
- 4-5 bags Chocolate melts, various colors
- The cake mixes are 14.5 oz each, a little more than the average cake mix when put together, so they need a little extra time baking. Combine the 2 mixes plus the ingredients specified on the box, and bake in a 9"x13" pan at 350F for about 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is done and cooled (same day, next day, whenever), mash it up with a tub of vanilla icing. When it is well-combined, use the #60 scoop to scoop it into balls. Chill these for at least a half hour, if not a full hour.
- Now comes the dipping. I’d recommend a variation on vanilla candy melts (the white and colored Wilton melts are all vanilla). Choose your color and one or two contrasting colors if you wish. Melt the main color, thin it with some vegetable shortening, and dip the balls. Wait for this to harden before you drizzle on one or two accent colors. For these, as you can see, I went with white for the main color, with red and green accents.
Recipe and Photo: The Cookie Crumbles / CC BY-SA