Recipe: Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 green tomatoes
- 6tbsp of cornmeal
- 3 tbsp of plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 4 tbsp of canola oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Slice the tomatoes 1/2 cm thick, salt the tomatoes and set aside
- Mix the cornmeal with paprika on a plate
- Beat the egg on a shallow plate
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, dip a tomato slice into the flour , then the egg then the cornmeal
- Fry the tomatoes for a minute on each side.
- Place on kitchen towel.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of GirlInterruptedEating.com