Double Chocolate Muffins – Gluten Free
- 1 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (cooked, leftovers work well here)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Either in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small pot, melt the butter and coconut oil until just melted. Remove from heat (or from the microwave) and add in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and stir until they are completely melted.
- Put the eggs, coconut flour, rolled oats, cocoa powder, sweet potato, salt, baking soda, vanilla and honey into your food processor. Do not turn on high….just pulse it a few times to get the ingredients mixed together. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times. The goal here is to mix everything but still leave the oats semi whole…not completely ground to powder. Add in the melted chocolate/butter mixture and pulse a few more times (like 6 or 7).
- Pour your batter into a mixing bowl and stir in (by hand) the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Fill your 12 muffin cups with batter almost to the top of the paper cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and, using a fork, gently remove the muffins from the pan to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Recipe and Photo: Instructables / CC BY-NC-ND