Recipe: Crockpot Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4in slices
- 1 large onion , diced
- ¼ cup bacon bits (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups kale or 2 cup swiss chard , chopped
- 16 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brown the sausage in a pan
- Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Optional: Mash the potatoes a bit with a potato masher for texture.
- Turn the crock pot off and add the kale.
- Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of our sister-site What2Cook.net
Photo Courtesy of Swift Benjamin on flickr.com / CC BY