Jump to recipe
- 1 jalapeño – chopped with seeds
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 red onion – chopped
- 28 oz. can pork and beans with molasses
- 28 oz. can tomato puree
- 3 – 4 cups chicken broth – (depending on how thick to would like this)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup left over steak (or any left over meat or chicken) – sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb. you favorite noodles
- Heat a cast iron pot with the olive oil.
- Add the jalapeño, garlic and red onion and sauté until the onion is soft and garlic fragrant.
- When this is accomplished add the tomato puree and the pork and beans; continue to gently simmer.
- Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and the seasonings.
- Continue to gently simmer for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Add the left over steak and once again continue to gently simmer.
- Prepare the noodles as directed.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and top with the soup.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY