- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 cup cubed fresh butternut squash or pumpkin
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1? cups Israeli couscous
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, shells removed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, garlic, onion, red pepper, and squash.
- Saute, stirring continually, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, turmeric, and cumin, and continue cooking, stirring often, for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, toast couscous over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed and couscous is tender.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and raisins to simmering vegetable mixture and cook until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and serve with couscous.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA