Jump to recipe
Cinnamon Breakfast Squares with Yogurt and Berries
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Morning Energy Cinnamon Crunch cereal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Greek yogurt
- 3 cups fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries) or favorite fruit of choice
- Honey, for drizzling
- Nutmeg or cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly butter and flour 8-inch square pan, or coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. In mixing bowl, stir together cereal, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- While stirring, slightly crush cereal using back of spoon or rubber scraper; set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with flour mixture. Pour batter (it will be thin) into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until it is set when lightly touched in middle. Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 6 equal-sized bars and place on serving plates. Top each square with a dollop of Greek yogurt, surround with fruit and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon and serve immediately.
Source: Honey Bunches of Oats