Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Sauce (see below)
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and a 1/4 cup peanut butter together. Add to the graham cracker crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Press into the bottom and half-way up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake until golden, about 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- In another saucepan, heat a 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add 4 ounces of chocolate. Turn off the heat and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the crust. Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set up.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar until creamy. Add 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add the milk and chocolate chips. Beat well.
- In another mixing bowl, whip 2 cups of cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and continue to beat until firm (be careful not to over do it).
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon into the crust on top of the chocolate layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add a layer of whipped cream to the top and serve with chocolate sauce.
You can use a store bought chocolate sauce, or you can click here for an easy recipe on how to make your own.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY