Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2-3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 Tbsp flour
- approx 3 cups turkey, diced or shredded
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 4 cups milk, slightly warmed in a small pot
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, over medium low heat, add the olive oil, butter, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook until the onions and garlic are softened and the rosemary is fragrant.
- Stir in the flour to coat and cook for a minute or two. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the turkey, peas and carrots. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the pot pie filling into a pan (note: I should have used something a little smaller since i didn’t have enough biscuits to cover completely). Place the biscuits over top. If you are looking for a thinner crust cut each biscuit in half to make two thinner rounds.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the biscuits are golden.