Recipe: Chilled Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 60 mls coconut oil (melted, room temperature)
- 60 mls rice malt syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted, room temperature)
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 45 grams flakes almonds
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Grease a pie tin (I like using a soy cooking spray).
- Mix the almond meal, coconut, oil and rice malt syrup thoroughly and then press into the bottom of the tin firmly, smoothing down with an offset spatula or spoon.
- Blend all ingredients (apart from almonds) and then pour on top of crust
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries to serve.
make sure you serve it straight from the fridge as it starts to soften as it warms and becomes a little unwieldy on the plate.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of: AmazingAlmonds on flickr / CC BY