Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened, but not melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/ 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, cut into small chunks/ dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Cream together butter and both sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, coffee and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1 tbs of dough onto a lined or greased baking sheet, leaving space in between for cookies to spread.
- Bake about 8 mins or until golden and lightly browned around the edges.
- Let cool slightly on sheets before transferring to a rack.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY