- 1 can pizza sauce or 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced italian sausage or 1/2 cup diced pepperoni (or bacon!)
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (only if you like pineapple in your sauce)
- 4 minced green onions
- 1 small can black olives, drained and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, or, 2 teaspoons combination of seasonings you have on hand such as oregano, basil, etc.
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic if available.
- 1/2 cup parmesan, to sprinkle on top of the finished dip.
- In a heavy pot, over medium heat, combine meat(s), sliced olives, spices, onions and sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium.
- Add cheeses, reserving Parmesan for topping.. Stir until melted and mixture is well combined.
- Turn heat to low and prepare the breadsticks. Brush baked breadsticks with melted butter and Italian seasonings.
- Pour dip into serving dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Immediately serve with breadsticks fresh from the oven.
Recipe and Photo: The Merlin Menu / CC BY