Cauliflower and Cherry Tomato Salad with Basil
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ? cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard the leaves and core from the cauliflower; cut and separate into small florets.
- Boil the florets for 2 minutes.
- Drain the florets well, chill in ice-cold water, and drain well again.
- Place the garlic, olive oil, vinegar and sugar in a salad bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cauliflower and all other remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Cover and let the flavours in the salad meld in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Toss again and serve.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA