Recipe: Caramel Frozen Yogurt Pie with Grilled Peaches
- 2 pints premium vanilla frozen yogurt
- 19-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust, or 8 individual graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 1/4 cups caramel sauce, store-bought
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 ripe medium sized peaches, halved and pitted
- Transfer 1 pint of frozen yogurt from freezer to refrigerator to soften for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake pie crust until lightly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble pie, spread softened yogurt evenly over pie crust. Place in freezer and chill about 1 hour. When firm, spread about 3/4 cup caramel evenly over frozen yogurt.
- Return pie to the freezer, and transfer second pint of frozen yogurt to refrigerator. Allow pint to soften for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Spread second pint of yogurt evenly over caramel, making decorative swirls, if possible. Freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- To grill peaches, prepare medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat gas grill on medium. Melt butter and stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Toss peaches with butter mixture until well coated.
- Grill peaches directly over medium fire, cut-side up, until grill marks are visible, about 5 minutes. Turn peaches over and grill until grill marks show and peaches are tender, about 4 minutes longer. Set aside to cool. When cool, cut peaches into thick wedges.
- When ready to serve, cut pie into wedges and serve with peaches on the side. Drizzle a little of remaining caramel sauce over top.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of National Pork Board