- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 olives (pitted)
- 20 mozzarella cherries
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- bread to have 20 small cubes
- 1 garlic clove
- a pinch of red pepper (peperoncino)
- 5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Cut the bread in cubes.
- Put the bread into the oven to roast a little.
- In a plate, put 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of red pepper, a garlic clove thinly minced and salt.
- Pass the bread cubes, still hot from the oven, onto this mixture.
- Take long sticks and insert a cherry tomato, a basil leaf, a mozzarella cherry, an olive and a piece of bread and repeat.
- Place the sticks onto an oven tray covered with parchment paper.
- Add a thread of extra virgin olive oil on the sticks and put them in hot oven for a few minutes (pay attention or the mozzarella will melt) and serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY