- 1 cup boxed white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons boxed strawberry jello (dry mix)
- 1 egg
- 5 to 6 medium strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree (reserved from donut batter)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour donut pan.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add strawberries and jelly and pulse until pureed.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cake mix, dry jello, and egg. Add 1/3 cup of pureed strawberry mixture to batter, reserving around 2 tablespoons for glaze. Mix until combined.
- Place batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat butter with a hand mixture until smooth. Add powdered sugar until combined. Add 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree, milk, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Once donuts are cooled, dip each into icing and place back on cooling rack until icing is set.
Recipe and Photo: Whole Lotta Oven / CC BY