Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- 2 Large Slabs of Pork Ribs
- ¼ Cup Broth (Beef or Chicken-either works fine, you could even use water)
- 40 oz. Bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce *I didn’t need that much but it’s what I had and didn’t measure but it leaves extra for dipping.
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Portion 2 slabs to allow them to fit in the slow-cooker easily.
- Season each piece with salt, pepper and onion salt.
- Cover bottom of Slow-cooker with BBQ sauce.
- Add broth. (I only do this so the BBQ sauce doesn’t burn up and this step could possibly be skipped)
- Place sectioned/portioned ribs into slow-cooker, brushing them with BBQ sauce as you set them in.
- Layer them in so they all fit.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until they fall off the bone.
- Remove from slow-cooker and transfer them to a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush each portion with BBQ sauce.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize.
- Remove from broiler let cool slightly.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY