Jump to recipe
Tie Dye Deviled Easter Egg Chicks
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black sesame seeds for eyes
- Carrot for noses
- Food coloring
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Gently roll them on a hard surface so that little cracks appear in the shell.
- Boil them in water with food coloring in it for another 5 minutes.
- Cool the eggs in an ice water bath then peel the shells off.
- Cut the tops of the eggs and keep as lids.
- Remove the egg yolks from the center.
- Chop the yolk finely and add all the other ingredients, season to taste.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe the filling back into the egg bottom, with a little flourish to make the chick’s head.
- Cover with the lid – tilted back like the chick is coming out of the egg.
- Eyes are two black sesame seeds and a small piece of carrot makes a nose.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY