White Wine Lemon and Herb Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 6 Tbsp herbed butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb linguini, cooked to al dente, tossed with a little olive oil
- For those shrimp, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. You can leave the tails on or remove them, I removed them here for ease of eating but I do prefer the look with them on.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium low heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add in the white wine, simmer and allow to reduce by half.
- Lower the heat to low, stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter and allow to cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until pink & translucent, about 3-4 minutes per side, total 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice at the end.
- Plate up some linguini, add shrimp on top of the pasta and pour some of that fantastic sauce over top.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY