Recipe: Vegetable Lasagna With Goat Cheese
- 2 small summer squash
- 1 eggplant peeled
- Kosher salt
- 1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1 pkg. of Fresh Goat Cheese
- 1/3 C pitted olives
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 box ready to use Lasagna noodles
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan
- Slice the eggplant and squash lengthwise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Lay the strips out on baking sheet pan and salt generously. Set aside.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch strips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the goat cheese, olives, thyme, and eggs together in a bowl and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly wipe excess salt and moisture from eggplant and squash with paper towel.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce into the bottom of an 8×11-inch baking dish. Begin layering, remembering to season with pepper between each layer. Start with the eggplant and then summer squash , peppers and pasta
- Spread sauce evenly over pasta
- Dollop spoonfuls of the cheese mixture over the sauce cover
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant, squash, goat cheese, and sauce.
- Sprinkle top layer with Parmesan and bake, covered, for 30 minutes, then uncover. Continue baking until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes more.
- Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before slicing.