Three Generation Blueberry Pie
- 1/2 c. + 2T. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1.5 T lemon juice
- Prepare dough recipe of your choice and layer one crust in a 9 inch pie plate with about 1 inch hanging over the edges. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss blueberries with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over lemon juice. Place in prepared pie dish.
- Pick a simple-shaped cookie cutter – like a flower or a scalloped circle – and press it into pie dough rolled out on a floured surface to about 3/16th of an inch thick. Layer the cut out shapes one after the other, starting at the outside of the filled pie dish. Finish by rolling up and pinching the dough that is hanging over the edge from step 1.
- Bake for 25-30 Minutes (Until crust is golden brown and slightly flakey.)
- Remove to cooling rack, and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Running Blonde / CC BY-ND