- 300-350g Chicken breast or thighs (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 stalk green onion
- Dry chilies
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste (or less, depends on how spicy you can take)
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Dark soy sauce
- On medium flame, fry the garlic until fragrant and not brown.
- Add in the chicken and cook until nearly done. Then, add in Thai chili paste and stir well. Add a bit less than recommended if you can’t take spiciness.
- Add in the onion, cashew nuts, dry chilies and spring onion. Give it a good mix and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then, season with soya sauce. Add in dark soya sauce to sweeten the dish and give it a little bit of colour. Serve warm.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY