Tasty Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons Tequila
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Chili powder, to taste (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- White rice or corn tortillas
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp; cook about 2 minutes until pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tequila, lime juice, salt, and chili powder (optional). Cook 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid is evaporated and shrimp is pink and glazed. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice, or in warm tortillas. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY