Squash and Sweet Potato Gratin
- 14 oz (400 g) butternut squash
- 14 oz (400g) sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 oz (80 g) gruyère, shredded
- 3 sprig of parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF (180ºC).
- Butter a baking dish, round or square.
- Peel the squash and sweet potatoes then cut them into chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onion, add the paprika.
- Add the squash and sweet potatoes and saute 10 mn, stirring frequently. They should stay firm. Season with salt and pepper and transfer into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream and nutmeg. Add half the cheese. Pour over the squash and sweet potatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and chopped parsley. Bake 35 mn then brown under the broiler for 5 mn.
Recipe and Photo: Chicho’s Kitchen / CC BY