- 6 apples, this recipe calls for Reinette, but you can use any variety of apple that you prefer
- 12 Tablespoons Port wine
- 6 Tablespoons of brown sugar, or honey
- Remove cores to 1/2 inch of the bottom with an apple corer or a knife. Place the apples in a ovenproof dish. Stuff them with 2 tablespoons of wine and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar per apple.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 150ºC/ 300F.for 20-30 minutes
- It can be served with some custard, yogurt or ice cream but I prefer it as is
Recipe and Photo: Bread & oil / CC BY-SA