Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 5 eggs
- 2 10 oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, liquid squeezed out
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cups light cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- salt & pepper
- A really important part to making a quiche is par cooking the crust before baking the quiche. This prevents the crust from getting soggy, because no one likes a soggy crust.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust and place into a pie dish pressing the crust up the sides of the dish. Using a fork poke the bottom of the crust, this prevents the crust from bubbling up. Bake for 10 minutes or until just very lightly golden brown.
- While the crust is baking go ahead and whisk together the eggs, light cream, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, pepper and shredded cheese in a bowl.
- Add enough of the very well squeezed out spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to fill the pie crust 3/4 of the way up. Pour the liquid mixture over top. Using a spoon, gently move the mixture around a bit to combine.
- Bake for approx 45 minutes, until golden and barely “jiggly”. You can also test by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out wet, allow to cook a little longer.