Spiced Sloppy Joe Pizza on Whole Wheat Crust
Meat sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/4 lb – Ground Beef (You can substitute it with any meat)
- 2 – Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Cup – Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp – Worcstershire sauce
- 1/2 Tsp – Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp – Corriander powder
- 1/4 Tsp – Cumin powder
- 2 Cups – Green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Cup – Onions, sliced
- 3 Cups –Cheese, grated (I used Mozzarella and Cheddar)
- 1 Tsp – Dry Oregano (optional)
Directions for Whole wheat pizza dough
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and set it aside for 5 minutes or until slightly frothy
- Add the salt, sugar, oil, and flour. Mix and form mixture into a ball.
- Cover the bowl with a wet towel. Keep it in a warm place and let it rise to double its size.
- Punch down the dough, roll/ stretch it into a circle and set it on a pizza pan
Directions for the meat sauce
- Take a heavy bottomed non-stick sauté pan and add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and garlic and sauté until the meat is browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes into a blender and puree the tomatoes
- Add the fresh tomato puree, tomato ketchup, garam masala, coriander, cumin and salt to the meat and cook for 5 minutes
- Take dish off the heat
Assembling the pizza
- Preheat the oven at 400F
- Take the pizza pan with the dough and slather the meat sauce on it.
- Add the green bell peppers and onions
- Sprinkle cheese and bake for 20 minute at 400F
- Sprinkle the oregano on top and serve warm
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops / CC BY