Skillet Quinoa with Black Beans Cilantro and Feta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese*
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large, non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown on edges, stirring occasionally. Add water and quinoa. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, cover and cook on medium-low for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, stir in beans, walnuts, chili powder, feta, cilantro, garlic and salt. Cover and let stand 2 minutes to heat through and absorb flavors.