Chicken Verde Enchilada Casserole
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Lawry’s Garlic Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 19 ounces La Victoria Chile Verde Enchilada Sauce
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Green Onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning to taste.
- Brown chicken in olive oil. Cook 10 minutes. (chicken will cook more later)
- Cut/Shred cooked chicken into small pieces, set aside in small bowl.
- Combine shredded cheeses into a small bowl, set aside.
- Empty enchilada sauce into large bowl, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a moist paper towel and microwave for 1 minute to steam.
- Dip one warm corn tortilla into the enchilada sauce, coat both sides.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with dipped tortillas (approx 4).
- Layer in the shredded/diced chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Layer in the cheeses on top of the chicken.
- Repeat layering dipped tortillas, chicken and cheese until baking dish is full.
- Finish with a layer of dipped tortillas topped with a layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with your choice of sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes and/or chopped green onions.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista: CC BY