Sausage and Pepper Jack Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large packages of stuffing mushrooms (there are about 10 mushrooms per package), cleaned & de-stemmed
- 8 ounces of ground sausage
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Pre heat your oven to 350.
- Combine sausage, onion, sage, garlic salt & black pepper in a skillet.
- Mix & cook throughly.
- Remove from heat & add the cheese, allow the cheese to bind the sausage together.
- Spoon sausage & cheese mix into the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 minutes & serve hot!
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from horsesandheels.com and www.healthyaperture.com