Recipe for Rhubarb Brown Betty – The combo of chunks of rhubarb with bread crumbs, cinnamon and sugar doesn’t sound like much of a dessert. But when cooked, something special happens and a wonderful treat emerges.
Rhubarb Brown Betty
- 1 lb rhubarb
- 8 oz breadcrumbs
- 2 oz raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 fl oz fresh orange juice
- 1/2 pint natural yogurt, to serve
- Trim the rhubarb and cut the stalks into short lengths.
- Put in a greased 9-inch round ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Sugar and ground ginger together and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Spoon the orange juice over the crumbs.
- Bake in the oven at: 340F for 35– 45 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the topping browned.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA